Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Daily Adventures June 14-17, 2012

Woohoo!  School's out for summer!  Life finally slows down for this teacher.  I won't have 29 students rolling into my classroom (sometimes literally) at 9:20 am anymore.  I only have to worry about my own kids for the next 10 weeks.

Ah, yes, nothing but time on our hands.  Endless hours of sunshine with no schedule.  Endless requests for something to eat.  Endless shouts of, "Dad! Look!" as they demonstrate, respectively, that water splashed on one's face does kinda look like sweat and that you can throw a ball in the air and almost catch it four out of five times!

I need something to do.  Now.  And so do you.

That's where "What Do I Do Now?" comes in.  The Twin Cities have a lot of free, or at least cheap, things to do on most days.  My mission is to find one "Adventure" for my family to tackle every weekday this summer.  I'll list them here on "What Do I Do Now?" so that you can tackle them too, when it works out.

And if you know of cool things that I miss, please share them in the comment section!

Alright, so What Do I Do Now?!



Thursday, June 14, 2012
The Landmark Center in downtown St. Paul is hosting a free dance instruction series on Thursdays this summer.  You can test your toes at eight different styles including Tango, Salsa, and Ballroom dancing, just to name a few.  Today the plaza will pulse with West African Dance while the New Primitives lay down the groove.  Food is available at 5:30 pm, instruction begins at 6, and music starts at 7:15.  Click here for the schedule, or call 651-292-3225 for the event hotline.  If you go to all the dates, you might be able to audition for So You Think You Can Dance!



Friday, June 15-17, 2012
The Stone Arch Bridge Festival runs Friday to Sunday.  This is kind of a big deal with over 200 artists, from Abbott to Zhang, displaying their stuff.  There's also over 50 bands playing on three stages.  I haven't heard of any of them, but I hadn't heard of CAKE the first time I wandered into the Cabooze to see them, and that turned out OK.  There's a kids activity area with a rock-climbing wall and Radio Disney jams.  Visit the Nice Ride booth under the Central Ave. Bridge, complete the scavenger hunt, and you will receive a free bike helmet!  You can also enter your car into a car show on Saturday or Sunday, if it's older than 1976.  Oh, yeah, you can eat there too.  I bet you could find something that's fried.

Enjoy your weekend!  See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Ah... you missed WWII weekend at Fort Snelling. It was amazing.

    Civil War weekend is in August. Should be pretty awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete